[haiku] Re: Time change philosophy

  • From: "Starsseed" <starsseed@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 00:28:39 +0100

From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:30 PM
Le 7 nov. 2010 à 23:22, Stephan Assmus a écrit :
> Have you considered what happens when you boot into Linux and then
> later into Haiku or vice versa, if both of them changed the time > silently? IMHO, > we should make it the standard behavior to update the time from the > network, > but in case this is impossible, the current behavior would still be the > correct thing
> to do.

Indeed, though multiboot is not generally done by normal users, it's really annoying
for people with many OSes when they step on each other's toes.

And since we can't claim world domination just yet we have to cope with less
mannered systems.

that's why most OSes let you disable "daylight saving time".
Haiku should too.

One more thing : Haiku uses to ask me for DST switch too early.(Time Zone = France)

Regards