[openbeos] Re: Thread on OsNews...

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 17:46:43 +0200

> Ouch!, that line sounded bitter.

I second that.

> Personally I'm quite comfortable debugging multithreaded apps.
> The concept of parallelism will become very important as operating
> systems and programs become more distributed. This is already
> happening in business and science applications.

Yes, but it's also why some new BeOS developers were afraid of the BeOS
forced-multithreading side, because they're/wasn't comfortable at all,
coming from Old' Sequential Coding & Design World.

And this don't help BeOS to acquire new developers (and, so, new softwares).
Even, suprisingly, from big software editors, which seems to suffer this
uncomfortable_with_mutlithreading problem too...

> A multithreaded OS starts us off on the right foot as far as I can see.
> This kind of multithreading also lends itself to the even distribution of
> workload across multiple processors, which BeOS excels at.

Oh yes.
Too soon maybe.
:-)
:-|