[openbeos] Re: Thread on OsNews...

  • From: "Peter Willis" <p.willis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 08:40:56 -0700

>Yes, ex-Be engineer, and probably ex-Be engineer forever.
>
>Jean-Baptiste Queru <jb@xxxxxxxxx>

Ouch!, that line sounded bitter.

I think the article shows that people have different tastes.
ie: Multithreading vs. Non.
Personally I'm quite comfortable debugging multithreaded apps.
The concept of parallelism will become very important as operating
systems and programs become more distributed. This is already
happening in business and science applications.
A multithreaded OS starts us off on the right foot as far as I can see.
This kind of multithreading also lends itself to the even distribution of
workload across multiple processors, which BeOS excels at.

Peter