[openbeos] Re: Themes

  • From: "Ivan Vodopiviz" <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:55:41 -0300

Hi all,

Disclaimer: I like themes, I always liked desktop modding (except when I
really need to work with the PC, I don't feel like wasting memory in fancy
gfx :-P ).

That said, I must agree with the devs: Theme support is *not* (IMHO,
obviously)  a "must have" feature for R1. Even for R2+, there are plenty of
features to add, bugs to fix (or make even worse, like MS does ;-) to waste
human resources in something like theming support. I'm no OS coder at all,
but I don't think that making something like BeTheme is *that* difficult
(hmm... I must try doing some BeOS coding sometime...). If then the Team
(that is, the people who make Haiku) decides that this "third party" app (if
that's possible with OSS :-P ) is worth including it in the OS distro, fine.
If not, I'll happily download it from BeBits (how much? 10, 15 MB? oh, the
horror! ;-).

C'mon guys, ths project is progressing nicely! We already have some
beautiful icons and I'm sure that there are plenty of artist ready to make
some nice wallpapers... just have some patience :D

Haiku needs work, not pissed off pople ;-)

Just my 2 cents

--
BlueSteel | | Merkoth