[openbeos] Re: The importance of good communications

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:07:14 +0200

On 8/15/06, Jackson, Anthony <ajackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > How about someone (or some people) that listens to all the mailing
> > lists
> > and dev areas on the forum, and comes up with a weekly or bi-weekly
> > summary of developer activity to put up on the status page of the
> > website?
>
> And who should the "someone" be? If you want it, do it.

I would be delighted to do it if everyone else agrees it is a good idea.

If I could get "access to all areas" I would propose creating a summary
report on activity seen from each team, then posting it on this list for
review before the website is updated, perhaps once every two weeks?

With our new website this will be possible. *Everyone* can post a blog entry which will be reviewed by editors/admins before it gets published.

Our plan is to move all Haiku development blogs to the official
website. Trac will also give us a status graph which gets
automatically updated. It might not be a very accurate graph, but it
should give you a small idea of our progress. I hope that centralizing
all blogs and switching to Trac will make everyone happy who wants to
know Haiku's detailed status.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald