[openbeos] Re: The importance of good communications

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:15:36 -0400

Koki:

Apparently I am one of the "unexpected" who tries to read up on the project
as much as possible.  If you read some of the past newsletter items, mailing
list posts, etc., you would understand why the project is the way it is
right now.  It will change when it is time to do so.  Not when you want
force it too.
As a starting reference see Newsletter 61:
http://haiku-os.org/learn.php?mode=nsl_view&id=61#209

There is also another good article about the decisions made when starting
the project that explains some of what you are discussing.  I'll try to
track it down later unless someone points it out in the mean time.

You are discussing some very valid points.  However, decisions have been
already made on these issues.  It's not a matter of right versus wrong.  It
was a choice of priorities.  Right now the highest priority is get to R1.
Granted communication is a high priority and is being worked on as we speak.
In the mean time, please be patient and properly read up on the project.  If
you don't, people are not going to take you seriously.

Curtis