[openbeos] Re: The Website

  • From: "André Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:50:02 -0300

On 10/3/06, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Until we come up with a good slogan, my suggestion for now would be to
simply use "Haiku Operating System." I know this will sound dull and
boring, but it will work well with search engines.

Hi,

That's what page metadata is meant for. Cluttering the title is silly,
IMHO. "Haiku" is more than enough. And it would avoid having people
calling Haiku "HaikuOS" or something.

What I'd like to see, though, would be an elegant way to display
haikus (the poetry) somewhere on the page. That's the sense of subtle,
non-obvious, intriguing beauty I'd like to experience. By using
poetry, we can abstract the relation between Haiku and the computer
and give it a sense of richness and closeness to our minds and
spirits.

I believe that's what Haiku is all about. It's not necessarily about
being an operating system, not necessarily being a computing
environment; it's about bringing beauty into our daily lives, and
effectiveness into our workflow. We happen to use computers and Haiku
happens to run them, but Haiku's reach shouldn't restraint itself to
what happens into the box; the principles of beauty, effectiveness and
elegance should, ideally, reflect itself into every aspect of
quotidian life.

Sorry about the badly written email, I'm a little tired right now and expressing feelings in a foreign (to me) language is not the easiest of things :)

Cheers,
A.