[openbeos] Re: The Website

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:33:12 -0700

Hi,

Until we come up with a good slogan, my suggestion for now would be to simply use "Haiku Operating System." I know this will sound dull and boring, but it will work well with search engines.

Koki

Simon Taylor wrote:
How about:

Haiku-OS - quintessential computing
Haiku-OS - consummate computing

?

The name should be "Haiku" whatever the slogan...the -OS is just the only domain that was free (maybe we could appeal to IANA to get www.haiku.org - we have more right to it than the squatter there atm)

You could run a mini compo for this. :)

And pretty much everyone would have a different favourite...I'm not sure about a slogan at all really (or at least one in such a prominent position) - I'm beginning to feel a concise description ("Desktop Operating System"?) is the best bet.

One for Koki to decide on I feel.

Simon

Tony

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com