[haiku] Re: Sound Blaster CT5880 Problems

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:24:06 +1000

Casalinuovo Dario wrote:
My soundcard have ensoniq as vendor but i don't know if the chipset is
ES1370 (maybe 5880?) anyway i installed oss an hour ago and the card
was matched, i can listen the mp3 but i get flicker sound when i do
any operation like web navigation with BeZilla.
I think it is due to two things :
1 The Scheduler
2 OSS

What do you think?

I needed OSS on one of my machines because it has a C-Media card. It's pretty good, certainly better than having no sound. Eventually there will be a native driver, these things just take time to write.

Rob