[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:15:52 -0400

Sorry, somehow hit the send button before I was done on the previous message.
Probably couldn't repeat the manner in how I did it even if I tried.

From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>

On 4/23/06, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx> wrote:

When I hear "Upside Down" I must actually think of a 180° rotation (which is wrong), so I'd prefer "Left to Right" and "Top to Bottom", too.

A lot of people are saying this so I think I may make this change. It was one of my original ideas after all.

I also like the "Left to Right" and "Top to Bottom" idea.
At the very least, thanks for compiling the latest version of ShowImage. Haven't had time to do this myself.

I'll also consider some of the other suggested changes. Unfortunately
there is not a consensus here, but I'll do my best to find a good
middle ground. Of course since most of you are as much programmers as
myself whatever decisions I make are never set in stone. But hopefully
you guys will be happy with them.

I believe the key here is the idea of an image viewer. I think the fact that it is called "ShowImage" explains it functionality quite well. If it was to edit the image than it should be "EditImage" or even "ShowEditImage". Imagine if you had a photograph or printed image in your hand. You can rotate and flip it when viewing it. Removing red eye is a different process than actually viewing the image. Perhaps a lightweight editor "EditImage" is in order?

Curtis