[openbeos] Re: ShowImage "Mirror" Operations

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:37:42 +0200

Mikael Jansson (mailing lists) wrote:

Moving the opened window is great, but not opening it twice. Is that something there's code for, or is it completely removed?

Good, let's do it with the next Tracker release. ;)
Also, what about removing "Cut", "Copy", "Paste" altogether and only keeping the key combinations? Also, I'd like ALT+C to also add a string (list of selected files) to the clipboard, so I can paste them into a text file. ;)
Axel, I'll try to find time for it this weekend. If you're not against it, I will also remove "Cut", etc., from the menus (but keep the shortcuts).

Single window browsing:
I love it. I almost *never* want to keep the old window opened and I don't like cleaning up all opened windows (yes, there are shortcuts, but who knows them?). Use the context menu if you want to open a new window.

Spring-loaded folders works wonders. Before users discover that they often complain about the very same thing. But you know this. Adapt! :)

For keyboard-only users pressing WIN+ENTER is much more annoying than just ENTER. ;)
What about that: ENTER (or double-click) opens a new window and automatically closes the old one. The best of both worlds. Clean and intuitive. :)

Navbar:
I think that the only purpose of a navbar is to have a "Delete" and "Parent Folder" button. I've *never* seen someone click any of the other buttons (the "Back" button is often understood as the "Up" button). So, what about integrating only those two buttons somewhere into the menu or some other place of the window. Actually, the "Parent Folder" button is already implemented, but I don't really like the way it's done. What about showing breadcrumbs? Hm...

Haven't even Microsoft toned down the Forward button, and instead just Up and Back? Personally, I think Up should be the only one.

At least my WinXP still shows the Forward button. Maybe it was not obvious from my mail: I want exactly two buttons/functions: * up * delete (move to trash) No other buttons. No more additional/optional navbar.

Bye,
Waldemar