[openbeos] Re: ShowImage Bloat

  • From: "Jixt" <janvanhoye@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:59:23 +0000

>2) The fact that this debate has gone on for so long indicates that there
>obviously needs to be a clearer definition of what OpenBeOS R1 is aiming
>for...  Is it to be an opensource implementation of BeOS R5, an opensource
>implementation of Dan0, or are we aiming for something more?

This will be an endless debate. I think we shouldn't waste time in debating
about little extra features on existing applications. What I know and read on
the OBOS-site is that OBOS should be the same as R5. This with some
improvements ;). So we should keep on that.

We all know we programmers like to put an extra features in an application, but
we should be aware that we may not do this all the time. Otherwise the release
of R1 would take longer than normal. As long as the improvements are small and
not that "new", we should not complain. Keep programming the things that should
be programmed first. In R2 you will have the freedom to extend some
applications with new features ;)

greets
       Jixt