[openbeos] Re: ShowImage

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 05:19:36 -0500

We discussed this, some, at the last admin meeting. There is a fine line with
features like this that we are trying to walk.

Sometimes, very useful and cool things are very trivial to add. I don't think
that much more than a few days of coding time has been taken up by this. Some
features were part of a better implementation of translation (page selection).

Honestly, I was a little hesitant about these changes, too, in that they are
feature creep - something that we have to fight against in order to get done
quicker. But I think that they are OK; they bump up against "the line", but
don't cross it. It is sometimes tough to argue "bug" vs "feature creep".  Yeah,
the slideshow stuff is a new feature. But if that is the worst of the bunch, I
think we are in pretty good shape.