[openbeos] Re: Running BeOS 5 Pro under VmWare 2.0/3.0

> >I know from looking at the VmWare site that BeOS is not officially supported,
> >but I was wondering if anybody know of anybody out there who has had success.
I just installed the VMWare 3.0 beta. It does work with VESA modes. :)

It may not be as groovy as full driver support, but it does beat
the default b&w safe mode. As someone who knows about getting cheesed off
about VESA modes, I can say, it's much better than nothing. :)
1024x768x15 never seemed so good. :) I've seen a few

I have sent their beta feedback an email, and told them my motivation
for not purchasing VMWare in the past was lack of BeOS support, and that
if improvements continue I will be making a purchase.