[openbeos] Re: Roadmap.

Mat Hounsell wrote:

> From a marketing perspective; rather than just "A release will have X" we
> might
> be better of documenting "X is at S stage and targeted at release A" and "Y is
> at T stage and targeted at release B".
>
> Hopefully we can attract developers by talking about cool features coming.

That's the type of thinking that IMHO Haiku needs more of. Nice one,
Mat!

Some on this list may now jump in and shout "vapourware", but I
don't think that's justified.

Effective and efficient communication to followers and potential new
members is paramount.

In addition, I suggest more regular updates from the programmers.
While at Opera I suggested to task someone with being a "runner" -
someone who goes from coder to coder and quizzes them about updates,
snippets, stuff that could be of interest. He would then compile
that info and publish it, given that the coders themselves wouldn't
do that job.

Giving away secrets? Well, I think it was Howard Aiken who said: "if
your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's
throats."

Helmar