[haiku] Re: Reducing paper waste at conferences

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:36:50 +0100 CET

> Haiku can be easier on older pc's but it still has to move forward,
> taking

Actually Haiku idling in VirtualBox uses more cpu than XP (with the
guest drivers though, would need to assert how much they account for

> video...there are also many computers running distributed apps 24/7
> in order
> to solve some of the world's toughest problems (and also give a nice
> PR
> boost to Haiku) :)

24/7 is probably not a good idea environmentwise, except for hw that
must stay up 24/7 for other reasons.

> The spirit of Be was to create the ultimate mediaOS. I hope the same
> is also
> true for Haiku.

So do I.

> I'm also in favor of planting more trees. For example:
> http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/about_dell/values/environment/tree?c=us&l=en
Beware of greenwashing, do not believe everything you see that is green