[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Cameron Mac Millan <casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 16:18:09 -0500

On 1/3/10 4:08 PM, Jorge G. Mare wrote:
According to...

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a/Windows-For-Devices-Articles/Device-Profile-DT-Research-WebDT-366-rugged-tablet/

...the WebDT 366 uses USB 1.1. I may be wrong, but I was under the
impression that Haiku only supports USB 2.0. If that were in fact the
case, would this not explain why Haiku fails to boot on your device?

Good question, and I really don't have an answer for that. I'd assume that since USB2.0 is meant to fall back to USB1.1 in hardware, that would also be supported in software - i.e., the drivers.

In fact, thinking about it: I can mount USB flash drives from the within the installed & bootable Alpha 1 image that came from USB CD-ROM. Could this possibly be a boot/installer issue?

Cheers,

- Cameron.