[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Cameron Mac Millan <casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 23:52:02 -0500

> If it is an ISO image then it will look like a CD-ROM to the BIOS I expect.

Fair point.

>> Possibly, though it works from CD.
>
> CD is not HDD

Also a good point.

> The best I can offer at this stage is to have:
>
> IDE BIOS Support Enable
> DMA/UDMA Enable
> CD-ROM Configuration Enable
> Flash Configuration Enable

This is exactly the configuration I was using that dumped me straight
into the boot loader.

> On the Boot Order Page put USB Hard Drive/Flash Drive first

This is how it has been set all along, followed by CD-ROM, then SSD.

> Considering the BIOS puts USB Hard Drive and Flash Drive as the same
> thing on the boot order page it does suggest that Flash Configuration
> should be Enabled.

Except that that then disables the SSD, so there's nothing to install to.

I know - it's not doing anything the way that it seems it should be.
This has been a very frustrating device to deal with all around.

Cheers,

- Cameron.