[haiku] Re: Raw images: what am I doing wrong here?

  • From: Cameron Mac Millan <casmacmillan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 01:53:21 -0500

I'm condensing replies to multiple suggestions into this message.

Assume that I'm using a) a 1GB USB flash drive, b) a nightly raw image,
and c) that my paths are correct.

Here's what's been tried so far:

- `dd' image to flash drive without partitioning, attempt boot.

- `dd' image to flash drive without partitioning, run makebootable from
Alpha 1 installation on target device, attempt boot.

- `dd' image to first / only partition on flash drive, attempt boot.

- `dd' image to first / only partition on flash drive, run makebootable
from Alpha 1 installation on target device, attempt boot.

The flash drive is known to be good for booting from; this has been
confirmed with Puppy Linux (amongst others).

I'm out of ideas.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

- Cameron.