[haiku] Re: Proposal: add "Stay on topic" clause to Mailing List Etiquette

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:44:14 -0800

Hi Scott,

scott mc wrote:
+1.  For updating and enforcing the mailing list rules.
There was an attempt to move that topic to a new thread but then some
still insisted on replying to the original thread continuing the
off-topic discussion.  For me that's when I just started deleting
emails from both threads without reading them.  I'm already on way too
many lists and I am getting close to dropping this one.

That's another unfortunate side-effect of off-topic posting, and it is very likely that others may have already followed your steps, thus making this list more ineffective.

This is another very good reason why a conscious effort should be made to keep discussions on topic IMO.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki