[openbeos] Re: Problems compiling haiku in ubuntu

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:34:41 -0800

On 2/21/07, Pablo Barrera Gonzalez <barrera@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello

I'm new in the list and with haiku. My first thing I have tried was
compile haiku from svn. I use a linux box (ubuntu 6.04). I compiled and
installed jam and then compiled the cross build tools from haiku
directory. But when I try to compile haiku I got a lot of errors in the
includes. For example, if I move to src/apps/pulse and try to compile
just the pulse application I get the following errors:

$ jam -q

You only need to do a "jam -q haiku-image"

jamming the whole tree isn't necessary, and I wouldn't be surprised if you
get errors on some stuff that you don't need anyway. On the other hand, it
looks like you're actually hitting errors in stuff you need :(

...patience...
...patience...
<snip>

I don't understand why jam is including the system libraries
from /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../include/c++/4.0.3.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Pablo

Did you run configure again after building the cross-compile tools? If so,
that would have reconfigured to use your linux compiler rather than the
cross-compiler.

Once you've done a "./configure --build-cross-tools <and whatever
directory>" you will not need to run configure again - and should not.

My suggestion is to re-build the cross tools if this is what has happened as
that will re-create the proper BuildConfig as Ingo is referring to.

- Urias