[haiku] Re: Preinstalling Haiku on new computers.

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Rybin Valeriy <walera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:08:03 +0200 CEST

Hi,

> I work in computers company in Russia. Our company produce notebooks.
> We preinstall on our notebooks three variants of operating systems:
> Windows, Linux and DOS. We want preinstall Haiku instead of DOS.
> I think current status of Haiku acceptable for it. Is it possible?

Wow, that would be incredibly cool!

You might want to wait until R1/alpha is out though, and have proper
notice about the status.

You should check our distro guidelines:
http://www.haiku-os.org/community/guidelines_creating_haiku_distribution

> Haiku team allow to our company preinstall Haiku OS?

I don't know about others, but I'd be ok when alpha is out.
There is nothing that would prevent you to do it now, legally speaking,
but please consider waiting for R1/alpha.

François.