[haiku] Re: Possible Haiku Stickers

  • From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 18:02:16 +0100

On 16/01/2010 17:45, Lars Nooden wrote:
Jonas Sundström wrote:
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:14:55 -0800 Jorge G. Mare<"Jorge G. Mare"
<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>  wrote:
Here is another round with some of the suggested changes:

http://haikuzone.net/files/temp/2010-01-14_haiku-stickers_draft-4.png

2, 3, 4 feel more visually balanced than the previous ones. Good work.
(FWIW - not trained in visual design - just have my taste.)

They look nice.  If I had to choose only one, it would be either 2 or 3,
probably 3.  I like 5, but it would be more informative to have "Haiku
Operating System" preceding the URL.

About the URL: Even though some may feel that the "www" substring is
less en vogue these days, I think it's better (for printed material) than

It is also possible to user the www substring and leave off the http://,
which, though correct is not so relevant.  Putting in www.haiku-os.org
in most web browsers will get the right result.

When I read the text below the logo on #6 my eyes got stuck on the :// characters. It's easier on the eyes to skip the http:// part and just use www. instead.

--
Kaiser Jasse -- Authorized Stealth Oracle

The axioms of wisdom:
1. Go the SPARC way of life
2. You can't conquer the universe without the knowledge of FORTRAN
3. In the Unix realm, 10% of work fixes 90% of the problems
4. You can't outstubborn a cat