[openbeos] Re: Package Management System.

  • From: Dan Sinclair <dj2sincl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:43:14 -0500 (EST)

<cut>
> One thing I was considering is that you also merge all of the xml files
> together as you download them. I honestly don't know if this is as good
> as it could be. I haven't touched xml before, so I only know the little
> I've read.
</cut>

This might cause problems as when you remove a package you have to cut it
out of the middle of the file somewhere, it might work better if you have
a seperate file for each package.  Easier to find and manipulate instead
of having to load a possibly huge single file.

Then to know what packages are installed just scan the directory and grab
all the names, drop the .xml and list them.

dan