[openbeos] Re: PPC Cross-compiling

  • From: "thf" <fudel-mz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:27:33 +0000

>Actually if one really want to spend time on this, maybe he can get something
>to work... Nathan Whitehorn exhibits a screen shot on BeShare showing a MacOS
>app running in the Mac emulator, and running unmodified in BeOs ppc, with the
>help of a small wrapping library. this would be doable for x86 too (in both
>ways, linux on BeOS and BeOs on Linux, which is quite what BlueOS is trying to
>do).

Hi Francois,

Where can I find the screenshot(s) you pointed out? What's their name(s)? Or
could anybody mail me the images off list???
The idea sounds great to me. It could be a way to run special apps from other
platforms under the best OS in the world.
Maybe such a work could be done for some little (!) win apps or even ATARI or
AMIGA, which was great platforms too, before they die.
Please don't misunderstand me, it shouldn't be the focus on this list but maybe
an idea for future releases (okay better in GE :) of obos to include an
interface that it makes easier to build wrapping libs.

thomas