[openbeos] Re: POSIX headers

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:16:30 +0200 CEST

"Adi Oanca" <e2joseph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Then simply add that function.
>     :-))) I know that you are serious, but I wont'de that. Somebody
> else is
> responsible. Plus I don't know if I can do it right.

You just need to add the function prototype to the header, you don't
have to implement the function. Just take the same declaration as found
in the original BeOS header and you're done.
We are an open source project, if you miss something do something
against it (bother the one who is responsible, and if there is none, do
it yourself).

>     I see we have some sources for some posix functions(from BSD?).
> When you
> guys tooked(en?) them, why didn't you took them all?

We don't need BSD compatible headers. We need BeOS compatible headers;
there is no benefit in copying verbatim BSD headers, they are partially
very different from what we need.

> > We build against our own headers to ensure R5 compatibility. Also,
> > we
> > are targetting an independent build environment.
>     How can we build, if we don't have basic functionality, like
> round() for
> example...

Oh, how could we survive the last year without *THAT* function in our
headers? Who cares? As I said: if you miss it, add it. Some headers are
already BeOS compatible, some are not. That's a work in progress, as
the whole project.

>     Didn't you guys said some time ago, that we'll use R5's
> libroot.so until
> ours is done?

What do you mean by this? We use BeOS libraries when we link an R5 app,
we use our libraries when we build an OpenBeOS app, and we always use
our headers.

Adios...
   Axel.