[openbeos] PCMCIA & Cardbus

  • From: linus@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:58:18 +0200

Would I be correct in guessing that Haiku lacks both a PCMCIA and the extended
32bit Cardbus module?

Anyone working on one? Anyone know if it's similar to PCI?

PCI isn't even there yet, is it?

Anyways.. I'm developing on a laptop right now.. with a 10mbit network card..
went out to get a 100mbit card without dongle.. but all the stores 'round here
only have cardbus cards.. so I guess i'll have to either order a PCMCIA card
from somewhere, or dive into development..

But before I do anything, I just wanted to know how much of a nightmare it
would be to write support for cardbus for R5 (and Haiku, later on). And if the
cardbus cards work just like 16bit cards, only 32bit?

If anyone feel like pointing me @ the cardbus part of the linux kernel module
source code, that would be nice. Otherwise, I'll dig it out myself, as soon as
I get some more time.