[openbeos] Re: Openness (was: Re: donations again)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:32:18 +0200

On 2007-05-11 at 16:14:21 [+0200], Hugo Santos <hugosantos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I know Jorge is not on the admin team anymore, and one should
> respect each one's decision. However, i think Jorge was a valuable
> team member, and i believe i'm not alone here. Whatever points that
> lead to his exit should be addressed in one way or another, at least
> those with which some of the members of the admin team agree with.
>
>   Leaving inertia to act by its own, will only lead to more people
> like Jorge to leave or not get attached to the project at all (like
> some people are trying to do). For instance, several different people
> have mentioned issues in the donation efforts, and little has been
> done since then in that regard. It's like not fixing an overly
> reported bug. :-) Fear and uncertainty regarding new people, should be
> dropped a bit when there are some willing to actually do the job. Some
> extra effort is required, if i may, to put these issues at a point
> where it is acceptable and agreeable by most.

The unfortunate situation is that all people on the admin list are
developers, who aren't particularly intrigued by non-development tasks and/or
don't have much time. For certain things noone feels responsible. The main
problem is actually that we lack a project manager. Someone who keeps track
of important issues and ensures that they are addressed, who supervises the
decision making process, moderates discussions, and motivates the right
people to do the things that need to be done.

>   Personally, i also believe that some of the proceedings should be
> more transparent, so those meeting summaries are real welcome.

If only someone does it, everyone would be the happier. :-)

CU, Ingo