[openbeos] Re: [Open-beos-cvs]CVS: current/src/add-ons/print/transports/usb_port print_transport.cpp,1.4,1.5

  • From: Alan Westbrook <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 01:04:30 -0700

I would have sent it directly to the developer, but every time I use the email that is attached to any developers checkin comment, it bounces.

Sorry, is there a solution for my email finding out problem?

Alan

Michael Pfeiffer wrote:
Hi

you are both right of course :-) My initial answer was provoked
because Haiku has for sure more important issues than this
single method not being properly named. If the mail had not
been sent to the public mailing list, I am sure I had responded
in a more calm way.

- Michael

Exactly, InitCheck is supposed to return the last error code, and
should then be cached.
If you really want to return bool, then use IsValid() for example.

François.

Consistency, especially internally, is always good.

I mean, that's the reason it got changed to InitCheck() in the first
place, right?

Ok, so in this case, it's super specific to the code in question, and
isn't going to affect any 3rd
party devs. But it could conceviably have a tertiary effect of
influencing other internal code, and
evenutally spin out of control to consume existence as we know it!

Perhaps not ...

Alan