[openbeos] Re: OpenBeOS on the Pegasos?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:28:57 +0200 CEST

"Roger Andre Lassen" <rogeral@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess this on must go to Axel :-)
>
> I'm ordering a PegasosII + G4 with Looooads of ram in September. I
> spoke with a dude from Genesi. He told me that at least one OBOS
> developer has got a Peg. NathanW told me you're "The One".
>
> So, i was wondering how that is coming along ? Is there a place / url
> where i can follow the OBOS On Pegasos progress ? :-)

Yes, I got it :-)
But it's "only" the Pegasos one, so whatever I do, it might not run
(directly) on the Pegasos-II.
Anyway, I'll try to base as much as possible on the (buggy)
OpenFirmware, so it might actually be able to run, even if slower than
it could.

Right now, I started to write a boot loader for it, but I haven't found
much time since then. But this will change soon - it shouldn't take too
long to get the boot loader up and running, which would be a great
step.
I probably also have access to a PowerMac G4 over the next few months,
so I might be able to port it to it as well :-)

Currently, there is no progress page for the PPC port - maybe I write
something up for our new site, but certainly not before. I will
announce any major milestones in our news section, though.

Adios...
   Axel.