[haiku] Re: Open Source Games

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 00:00:18 +0200

Urias McCullough wrote:

> Michael Oliveira wrote:

>> After a Haiku alpha install, I was searching for a few BeOS games and
>> noticed that, well, is BeOS games still (1996-2001). The best game that I
>> got was Wesnorth.

<snip>

>> So I compiled a list of open source games for porting since that Haiku is
>> now an official plataform

<snip>

>> Then again, I suppose SDL and OpenAL and OpenGL need to be sorted, first...
>
> Well, SDL and OpenGL are pretty much available already...

There was a thead about OpenArena three months ago:

//www.freelists.org/post/haiku/OpenArena-on-Haiku

Basically, Casalinuovo Dario got it to compile, but the people that
tried it only got a black window. The same happened with another game.
There was some discussion on whether the lack of 3d acceleration was
to blame, but no real conclusions were made.

OpenArena is based on ioquake3, which should mean that getting it to
work would also bring Tremulous, Urban Terror (fantastic game), Quake
III Arena, and more.

-Truls