[openbeos] Re: OW! The website looks impressive!

  • From: ar1000@xxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:09:52 -0500

We will be making tweaks, other users have pointed out similar concerns (especially with by/in). And, an alt tag can surely be added.

- Austin

On Jan 23, 2007, at 10:11 AM, John Duncan wrote:

Looking good! Much less complicated and confusing than the old design and more pleasing to the eyes!
Well done.

I do have two small criticisms, both relating to the box of text about Haiku in the upper left corner of the homepage:
1. The wording is a little awkward.
The first sentence could do with a comma after "currently in development". The second sentence should probably read "Inspired / by/ BeOS, Haiku aims..."
2. The image is all text. This is very bad for screen readers.
If it's not possible for style reasons to replace this with actual text, the alt tag should at least include what is written in the image -- currently it is blank.

Keep up the great work!
~John

Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:44:42 -0800
From: michaelvoliveira@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openbeos] OW! The website looks impressive!
To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations for the website design (http://http://haiku- os.org)!

Very professional and informative ;)

Fale com seus amigos de graça com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.messenger.yahoo.com/