[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

On Sat October 26 2002 02:27, Michael Phipps wrote:
> OK... But *WAY* more people speak english than latin. And they will draw
> the same conclusion that I did.
>
> >man again NOVA means NEW in LATIN!!!!! your dictionary shows you the
> > meaning from English Language!!!! NOVA is LATIN!!!!! and refears new
> > thing that apear..that are created..it neans NEW!!!
> >
> >regards

I'm sorry to go against you Michael, but any English speaker who is
at all literate outside of "man" pages knows that Nova means new.
I can only hope that your view of Nova has been influenced by the
PBS series of said name.  Of course, having a science show named
Nova might introduce some trademark issues on top of the already
observed confusion over meaning.   [Has it ocurred to no-one to
ask why they chose the names of Nova for PBS, Nova for a birth
of a star, and SuperNova for the flashy death of a star?    And, what
happens when OpenBeOS "Nova" R2 comes out?  Is it the SuperNova
version?

BTW, I was pretty disappointed by your final candidates.   Why didn't
you consult with a few folks like us on the this list?

I attempted to vote for Indigo, the only good name, despite knowing
that SGI would obviously have reasons to object.   Yet, how do I know
if my vote has been tallied??  Suddenly, I'm feeling transformed into a
geriatric voter in Dade County, Florida, United Crooks of America.

--
timothy.covell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Unemployed Unix Systems Administrator [Thanks Bill G. and UCA]