[openbeos] Re: OBOS Poll: Multiple Monitor Support

  • From: Michael Lloyd Lee <mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:42:21 +0000

>There's a user interface principle that I follow, but can't site from
>anybody else :) That is, write the system so that it needs minimal
>configuration, and so the user *can't* spend endless hours tweaking, etc.

We are after a geek market thou.
I'd suggest having the OS support themes, but requiring an extra application (BeTheme?) in order to enable the feature.
We _have_ to then have a very good default, but for the people that want to tweak it is there.

We can then also shift the responsibility for making a pretty interface to the themes.

On Deej's point on it being open source, I really don't want OpenBeOS to fragment like OpenTracker (OT.newFS, OT.Locale, and default).

However it would be better placed in R2.

mike

-- | Michael Lloyd Lee | +44 (7092) 172493 | mlk@xxxxxxxxx | http://downtime.2y.net/ I ICQ:195759 | JID:_mlk@xxxxxxxxxx