[openbeos] News/community (was: Roadmap)

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:42:21 +0200 CEST

Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A better thing, would be as suggested before: a weblog.

HaikuNews.org could, (given resources?)
be more cvs/blog/mailinglist aware.

Less Slashdot format and more community/
development coverage.

I apologize if that's overly critical. I don't mean to
offend you guys, Chris and Kian.

The DragonFly BSD Digest does a good job at
capturing what's happening, without overdoing it,
providing links to more detailed sources of information.
http://www.shiningsilence.com/dbsdlog/

Sometimes less is more:
http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html

The Be Newsletters were always a fascinating read,
but they might not be the most economic use of our
resources, today. It's better to publish advanced content,
like articles and editorials (and email where Michael
puts his foot down), separately, early and as often as they
come, instead of holding them for a newsletter issue.

Anything not officially a "Message from Haiku"
could be published by or linked to from HaikuNews.

Use the web.

/Jonas Sundström.            www.kirilla.com