[haiku] Re: New MediaPlayer look

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:54:35 -0400

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> It looks pretty awesome. I've been thinking that the MediaPlayer
>> interface needs an update for a while, and I'm glad to see that one of
>> the most knowledgable people about MediaPlayer (Stephan) is giving it
>> so much love. Of course the Haiku, Inc sponsoring helps on that I
>> think :)
>
> Indeed. Some bug-hunting is going really slow and is quite annoying. I am
> glad that I receive some positive feedback on the new look. At first I heard
> from people who liked the old look better, which irritated me a bit, to be
> honest. ;-)

I really love the new look so far. A big improvement over the previous
look, in my opinion. :)

I filed a bug report on the only clear problem I've noticed so far:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6571

It's with the layout of the File Info window.

Other than that, I've noticed a slight sync issue with audio/video
(but I'm not sure if that's because I'm running it in a VM, so I'm not
filing a bug on that)... but other than that beautiful work! Keep it
up Stephan! Bravo!