[haiku] Re: New MediaPlayer look

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:12:30 -0400

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks pretty awesome. I've been thinking that the MediaPlayer
> interface needs an update for a while, and I'm glad to see that one of
> the most knowledgable people about MediaPlayer (Stephan) is giving it
> so much love. Of course the Haiku, Inc sponsoring helps on that I
> think :)

I agree.  I was rebuilding Haiku so I can demo it at OLF, and was
surprised when MediaPlayer popped up in my initial testing (I haven't
built in a while).  I admit I had to rush to resize the window since
the volume control was tiny by default, but other than getting used to
that initially, it's pretty darn nice.  Now I just have to build in
Stack and Tile to play with next.  :)

- joe