[openbeos] Re: New Haiku installation on HW

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:58:04 +0100

Fredrik Modéen wrote:

> >> My problem are that when the 4 icon are lit (nice boot screen:)) I get
> >> a panic : did not find any boot partitions
> >
> > This usually means your controllers/HDs were not found.
> I should but it founds a Haiku partion.
>

> >> So how can I track down this error/problem, I haven?t made a bug
> >> report as
> >> I don?t know if it?s me doing something wrong or a bug :)
> >
> > Enable console debug output and check if you can see whu it is failing.
> I have but when it's  trying to list ?settings? for partition 5 it stops
> and gives a panic error so I can?t see what the error are.
>

> >> Underneath are a lot of information probably only interesting to those
> >> trying to help me:)
> >>
> >> My System
> >> Dell Optiplex GX270 P4 2,54 (478 pin), 2 GB RAM,  ATI Radeion 9600 PRO,
> >> 256 GB  IDE.
> >
> > Is this ATA or SATA?
> ATA no SATA here
>
> All the partition are listed in console debug output so I guess it's more
> of an partitioning thing that finding the drive

The problem is probably your IDE device. You can try changing this Jamfile:

src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/Jamfile

uncomment the old ide and enable the new ide bus manager:

#SubInclude HAIKU_TOP src add-ons kernel bus_managers ide ;
SubInclude HAIKU_TOP src add-ons kernel bus_managers ata ;

No other changes are required, the new ide busmanager has the same jam
target name. Make sure that when you rebuild, the new bus_manager is
actualy generated and used. Possibly touch a source file in
src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/ata, don't know if that is required or not.

Hope this helps & best regards,
-Stephan