[openbeos] Re: Network problems

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:17:07 +0100

On 2007-02-24 at 18:33:41 [+0100], Christian Klassen <usenet@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
> First thing, I'm building Haiku on BeOS R5, installing it on a real
> partition and I didn't just copy the pre-compiled version available at
> BeBits, but convinced the build system to install it for me. What I did
> for that, was
>
> 1.) to add bcm570x to the list of network chips in the file
> /haiku/build/HaikuImage and
> 2.) in the file /haiku/src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/network/Jamfile change
> "SubIncludeGPL" in the bcm570x-line to "SubInclude".

The simple and recommended way to do this is to configure the build with
the option --include-gpl-addons or to set INCLUDE_GPL_ADDONS to 1 in your
build/jam/UserBuildConfig file. That's enough in this case, since the
bcm570x is already listed in as a driver to be added to the installation
(just conditionally, since it's GPL licensed). If it were not listed there
yet, the recommended way would be to add it via your UserBuildConfig file.

CU, Ingo