[haiku] Re: Naming of current optional packages

> We could ensure that wget is included and have a readme file with
> locations.  That would be a fairly small addition to the nightly
> builds.  Depends I guess on how easy we want to make things for
> non-developers to work with a nightly build.

I'm pretty sure wget is included.  As for finding the current version
of each of the OptionalPackages, you could get that by looking through
OptionalPackages:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/export/34066/haiku/trunk/build/jam/OptionalPackages

A script could search that file and parse out the name of the package
and it's current link and install to location and then use wget to
download and install it.  Since python isn't included by default in
the nightlies, the script would probably need to be a bash script.
Perhaps a bash bootstrap that first downloads and installs python and
then gets a python script to handle the rest.

This may not even be needed as it seems a real package app is in the
works?  Or am I reading too much into the recent commits?

-scottmc