[haiku] Mouse "Click to focus" mode: what is it for?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:26:59 -0700

Howdy,

I never paid much attention before (basically because I always used the default
settings), but now that I am translating the Mouse preflet, I noticed that
there are three focus modes, one of which -- specifically, the Click to focus
mode -- I am a bit confused about.

If I am not mistaken (please, correct me if I am wrong), clicking on a
background window in this mode gives the window focus, it but does not bring it
to the frontfront.

Maybe I am missing something, but I fail to see how this can be useful. Can
anyone explain what the use cases are for this mode and/or for what situations
it can be useful?

Thanks!

Jorge / aka Koki