[haiku] Re: Mounting USB and ext3

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 03:23:52 +0100

On 2010-11-23 at 23:25:24 [+0100], Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Haiku will not let me mount my (FAT32) USB stick or my (ext3) Ubuntu
> partition read/write. It doesn't even offer me the option, like it does
> for my FAT32 partition.

Either the USB stick is for some reason only recognized as a read-only
media or the ext file system implementation decides that it's not a good
idea to provide write access. You could easily rule out the former by
dd'ing the stick (respectively the partition on it, if that's how it is
formatted) to an image file and try to mount that.

At any rate please open a Trac ticket.

CU, Ingo