[haiku] Re: More Geolocation testing, this time with something prettier

Howdy,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
It worked great, but I still have a comment. :-) Maybe it would be better not to display the "It looks like you are located in or near XXX" sentence. It told me a city I never heard of before. While I am certainly near that town, it's just a little irritation. The download links are correctly sorted by distance, that's all that matters.

I think I agree with Stephan here. It is cool to see when the script guesses your location right, but it must be a bit disconcerting when a different location is displayed.

My second suggestion is about the MD5 checksum. The page does not mention how to check the MD5 checksum. In most shells, there is the md5sum command line tool available, I don't know how to best put this into words, also maybe there is an easy to use graphical tool for Linux or Windows users? Maybe something like "for example by running the command line tool md5sum on the downloaded file" is good enough.

I am pretty clueless in the area; if someone can provide specific content, I would be glad to add it to the page.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki