[openbeos] Re: Migration to BerliOS Finished

>> I suspect my BFS partition is badly fragmented. You don't have a
>> defragmenter in your sleeves, by any chance? :-P
>
> Sorry about the delayed response.  Anyway, wouldn't copying your hard
> drive
> to another one, deleting the first one, and then copying everything back
> have the same effect of defragmenting?

What I generally do is to create a BFS volume in a file, which I can then
easily dispose of when it becomes too fragmented, or even corrupted.
Currently, I have this for e-mail and IRC logs only, but I don't see why
you couldn't have that for your Haiku/Mozilla development volume, on which
you do stuff with small files.

Speaking of which, is there a fmap driver out for Haiku yet?  I'd rather
not devote an entire partition to it, but I wouldn't mind having a 200M
file around.  Slightly off-topic, does the fmap driver still work in
R5/BONE and Zeta?  When I move my system over to Zeta, I still want an R5
installation.

-- tic