[openbeos] Re: Microsoft patents taskbar grouping!

  • From: Adi Oanca <adioanca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 14:08:47 +0300

Axel Dörfler wrote:

Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The patent text makes it clear that it is after a number of them occure and not
from the beginning like deskbar, but deskbar may still defeat it.

I think the grouping when reaching a certain threshold was a poor solution from the beginning on - let them patent it, I don't think anyone will miss it anywhere else :)

You are wrong here. Many people using Linux with both GNOME and KDE are used to that feature. [ What MS is doing is gaining more power. It is a same that our european leaders don't see that! ]

Adi.