[haiku] Re: Master thesis about Haiku OS

  • From: Izomiac <haikulist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 00:20:37 -0400

> However it is also true that different Linux distros may have extremely
> different usage patterns.

It would be interesting to see if people are using a minimalistic
Linux distro, or a full featured one.  Similarly, with Windows I
personally disable services and remove a lot of packages from the
installation media (e.g. internet explorer core, help, media center,
media player).  With Linux I use XFCE on Gentoo and try to cut out the
stuff I don't need, but I'm less experienced with Linux so I can't
safely do as much.  One of the reasons I like Haiku is because it
doesn't come with a ton of stuff I don't want/need slowing it down and
complicating things.