[haiku] Re: Man

  • From: haiku-kat <haiku-kat@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 12:18:37 -0700

I just want to say I support adding man pages.

Haiku has a terminal shell, at present it's bash.

Over the months, I've observed a small but significant number of persons have
asked in #haiku about man pages in Haiku.

I myself was surprised, and annoyed, they didn't exist when I needed them.
Since I run Haiku largely in a VM, it was just an inconvenience to check them
on the host.

Including man pages with bash or comparable UNIX-style shell is expected.  The
current situation isn't acceptable for an end user system and, frankly, I'm
perplexed there's "debate" about it even as an optional package.

dru