[haiku] Re: Mailing list etiquette and phones

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Dave Osbourne <
super_dooper_dave_osbourne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about not allowing people to use mobile devices to post?
>
> More and more posts recently are breaking the mailing list guidelines,
> either by top-posting, quoting either none of the message being replied
> to or all of it, or by using HTML mail (I've seen lots of blue text of
> late, for some reason).
>
> I think part of the problem here is people posting from their mobile
> phones

Maybe it's just me... but I think it's a bit overdoing it to put mailing
list etiquette pedantry above valid communication.

(Not to mention the irony of Dave posting to denounce people violating the
etiquette guidelines in a post where he himself top posts and violates them.
I think that just beautifully illustrates my point.)

--
"You don't use science to show you're right, you use science to become
right." --xkcd