[haiku] Mailing list etiquette and phones

More and more posts recently are breaking the mailing list guidelines,
either by top-posting, quoting either none of the message being replied
to or all of it, or by using HTML mail (I've seen lots of blue text of
late, for some reason).

I think part of the problem here is people posting from their mobile
phones, which are obviously becoming a more popular way of keeping on
top of emails.

The question is what should we do about devices that don't allow much
configuration of how the mails are sent? Should we discourage people
posting with devices or make the ML guidelines less stringent?

Personally I'd like to encourage everyone to make an effort to configure
their mail client to post in plain text, and to remember not to top-post
and to remove irrelevant parts of the mail they are replying to.

If the device doesn't support that I'd ask people to consider if their
post is really necessary to make immediately, and if not then to wait
until you're on a device capable of sending compliant mails.

Any thoughts?

Simon