[openbeos] Last 10% Takes Half the Time?

  • From: "Alexander G. M. Smith" <agmsmith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:26:37 EDT (-0400)

Axel wrote:
> No, sorry, that's stupid - the last 10% usually also take much time
> because the other 90% don't make a complete product.

Or in my case, the last 2000% takes 300% of the time.  A nice little
spam word database should only take at most a week, the actual code for
adding words and looking them up is only a dozen lines of STL code,
right?  Then there's thousands of lines (wow, more than 6000 of them)
for processing scripting messages, handling the command line arguments,
running the GUI and drawing cute displays of words.  I still haven't
put in the sound effects after working on it for a month...

- Alex